Fill listing here, apply on LinkedIn: goo.gl/Tb1S8
Marketing & Events Coordinator, Greycroft NYC
Responsible for developing and maintaining marketing and PR strategies to meet organization objectives. Plan and execute internal and external special events. Work with and maintain good working relationship with portfolio companies.
- Marketing. Maintain and update website, create printed marketing materials, proofread and edit blogs and other published pieces, manage database of contacts, and develop and manage distribution of print and email newsletters.
- Plan and execute events. Coordinate all aspects of networking events in NY and LA, portfolio business development events with brands and agencies, annual CEO summit, and annual LP meeting. During these events you will be expected to coordinate directly with CEOs of our portfolio companies, our investors, entrepreneurs, and executives at brands and agencies.
- Public Relations. Ensure inclusion of firm and partners in industry-related events, lists, and organizations; draft and edit press releases.
- Social Media/Community. Manage @greycroftvc Twitter account, Greycroft Facebook page, and other social media accounts.
- Research. Research on venture capital landscape and marketing best practices. This includes speaking with marketing professionals at other firms (VC, private equity, and hedge funds), with limited partners, and with entrepreneurs.
- Investor Relations and Fundraising. Assist in managing internal CRM system and coordination of the fundraising process.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4-6 years of marketing and event planning experience in venture capital or similar environment
- Undergraduate degree at top university
- Be self-directed and have experience in fast-paced professional work environment
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Strong client phone communication, presentation, and face-to-face meeting skills
- Project management skills, office organizational skills, and a high level of attention to detail a must
- Strong corporate event planning experience
- Interest in technology and startups
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Relevant social media marketing or online media experience a plus
- Photoshop, MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), HTML desired but not required
- Klout score above 25 a plus
Greycroft Partners (http://www.greycroft.com) is a venture capital firm that invests in promising early stage digital media companies. With offices in New York and Los Angeles, Greycroft leverages an extensive network of media and technology industry connections to help portfolio companies gain visibility, build strategic relationships, and successfully bring their products to market.